Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beach Fun

It's my fault. I take complete responsibility. It's not that I didn't want to, it's just... all the sand... and the waves...and the sunscreen...

Just the thought of tackling the beach alone with two small kids was enough to keep me away from my childhood love the whole summer. On Labor Day, my hubby and I decided we had stayed away too long. We reeled in the kids, lathered 'em up, stuck a snack and drink in their hands, and set off for the Beach!

It was just grand! Perfect weather, perfect waves, a tad crowded, but all in all a great day.


"I don't know, dad..."


"Oh, they call them Seagulls..."


Shell searching


"I wanna go shell searching.."


Castles


Angels in the sand


Too much sand. Enough said.

The highlight of my day was Stryder's face at the beach showers. Poor guy. He had sand EVERYWHERE- I had to take action. There was a line, but to his dismay, I didn't care. No shame, I tell ya. I striped that boy naked and proceded to scrub sand from every oraphace. And I do mean EVERY oraphace. The little girls were giggling. The moms were whispering. His peers were babbling and drooling. The look on his face was loud and clear:

"MaaAWM!!"

He was lucky dad didn't take a picture.
That would have been great for prom.

No comments: