Friday, November 20, 2009

Giving Thanks

A friend of mine posted this video on her blog. I enjoyed the sentiment, and I thought I should share.


This is a time of year when we are supposed to think about what we are grateful for. But honestly, I think about what I am grateful for just about every day, and it's a long list.

I am grateful to be a member of this Church, and I am grateful that I have strong faith.

I am grateful to have an open line of communication with my Heavenly Father, and to receive answers from Him daily.

I am grateful for the path that He has led me down, and the paths He has protected me from. I am grateful to know that I have a special purpose here on this Earth, and that I am continually growing with His guidance.

I am grateful for all of my challenges because they have given me strength and wisdom, and they have made me who I am.

I am grateful to have been raised by two amazing and hard-working parents who were and are the best examples of love, patience, and strength anyone could have. I am grateful for my sister who continues to teach me many lessons through her kind nature, and adventurous spirit. I am grateful to be surrounded by the love and support of such a close-knit family.

I am grateful for my husband; His strength and perseverance inspire me, his patience and wisdom astound me, and his undying love takes my breath away. I feel humbled and privileged to have such an amazing husband and father as my partner for time and all eternity.

I am grateful for my mother-in-law, and for her amazing faith, hope, and strength. I am grateful for her love and for all I have learned through her example.

I am so grateful for my children. I am eternally grateful to be a stay-at-home mom, and to have been entrusted with the privilege of raising such beautiful, sweet spirits. I know that they were specially selected for me, and that they are the greatest gift I will ever receive.

What are you grateful for this season, and always?

No comments: